You’ve probably already heard about facial masks that beautify your skin and improve your glow. But have you heard about facial masks for acne? We doubt so.
Facial masks for acne aren’t that popular because advertising tends to promote skin care products such as creams and lotions as the only effective way to dealing with acne. However, these facial masks are one of the most effective especially when the right kinds of ingredients are involved.
Not all facial masks really work. There are commercial facial masks on the market as well. Some of them work and some of them don’t. The best kind of facial mask that works for you is dependent on your own skin type. But one type of facial mask that’s known to work for people of all skin types is the honey facial mask.
The honey facial masks usually involve a mixture of honey with fresh herbs and water. The facial mask has to be applied on the skin (the affected area) each night before you go to bed after a thorough facial cleansing session.
Applying this facial mask for a couple of weeks (2-3) weeks will lead to an overall reduction in acne. In some cases, the acne cure you experience is often permanent and lasting. Your acne seems to vanish in just a couple of days.
Here’s why honey is one of the best facial masks for acne…
- Works for all skin types
- Known to be effective for dealing with conditions associated with acne
- Helps rejuvenate your skin cells and tissues
- Reduces production of sebum from your skin glands by moisturizing your skin
With that said, here’s how to make your own home-made facial mask for acne…
- Make a pulp out of fresh herbs such as arnica, nettle, peppermint, plantain
- Add some boiled water to the pulp along with powdered rice gram floor
- Let the mixture stay for 15 minutes
- Add a few drops of honey to the mixture
- Stir the mixture well and store the mixture in the fridge for a period of 12 hours
- Take the mixture out and apply it on all the affected areas of your skin thoroughly after a facial cleanse
1. Always cleanse your face
Make sure that you cleanse your face thoroughly with a cleansing solution and fresh water before applying the paste.
2. Replace herbs with skin peelings
In case you are not able to find any of the herbs mentioned above, we recommend replacing it with skin peelings such as that of orange, papaya, etc
3. Apply daily for three weeks
Results won’t happen overnight. Make sure that you apply the mixture for at least 1-3 weeks.
4. Test things
Feel free to try out other ingredients along with honey. There’s also a brandy plus honey facial mask. There are so many different honey facial masks. Feel free to experiment and choose the ones that work for you.